Seller Terms & Conditions
Shuppy is an online marketplace where you can sell your products, services and experiences to buyers around the world. We are keen to ensure both buyers and sellers alike have a positive experience on Shuppy. Below are full details on your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a seller on our platform.
What can be sold on Shuppy
Shuppy is looking to break the bond of traditional gifting by listing a mixture of products, services and experiences on our site. Whether it’s a new haircut, an artisan food hamper or an activity day out you can sell it!
What can’t be sold on Shuppy
Even if they otherwise meet our marketplace criteria, prohibited items, services, and items that violate intellectual property rights are not allowed to be sold on Shuppy. See Prohibited Items Policy
Shuppy will not hesitate to remove any listings that violate our policies and may suspend or terminate your account for any violations.
Representing yourself, your shop and your listings
By selling on Shuppy you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information on your sellers' page and accurately represent your items in listings
- Respect the intellectual property of others
- Pay any fees owed to Shuppy in a prompt and timely manner
- Not create duplicate shops or product/service listings
Our messaging system allows you to communicate directly with your buyer through the Shuppy site. This is a great way to answers questions about an item or order. Shuppy messages are not to be used for any of the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising, promotions, requests for donations or spam
- Harassing or abusing buyers or violating our Anti-Discrimination laws
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to
- Interfering with the business or transaction of another seller
Interference occurs when a seller intentionally interferes with another members shop in order to drive away their business. This is strictly prohibited on Shuppy. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting a buyer via messages to warn them away from a particular seller, shop or item
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review
Shuppy messages are not to be used to harass sellers or buyers. Similarly, messages may not be used to support or glorify hatred or otherwise violate anti-discrimination laws. If you receive any message that violates this policy, please let us know immediately here.
Privacy and personal information protection
You are responsible for protecting any buyer's personal information you receive or process, and you must comply with all relevant legal requirements. This includes applicable data protection and privacy laws that govern the ways in which you can use Shuppy user information.
When you sell using our services, you may receive and determine what to do with certain personal information, such as when communicating with users and entering into transactions with buyers. This means you process personal information and to the extent you do so, under EU law, you are an independent controller of data relating to other users that you may have obtained through the Services.
You are responsible for protecting user personal information you receive or process and complying with all relevant legal requirements when you use the Services. This includes applicable data protection and privacy laws that govern the ways in which you can use a user's information.
As a data controller (that is someone who decides what personal data is collected and the purpose you’ll use the data for) to the extent that you process user personal information outside of the Services, you may be required under applicable data protection and privacy laws to honour requests received from such users for data access, portability, correction, deletion and objections to processing. Also, if you disclose personal information without the buyer's proper consent, you are responsible for that unauthorised disclosure. This includes, for example, disclosures you make or unintentional data breaches. For example, you may receive a buyer's email address or other information as a result of entering into a transaction with that buyer. This information may only be used for Shuppy related communications or for Shuppy facilitated messages. You may not use this information for unsolicited commercial messages or unauthorised transactions. Without the buyers consent and subject to other applicable Shuppy policies and laws, you may not add any Shuppy buyer to your email or physical mailing list, use that buyers identity for marketing, or obtain or retain any payment information. Please bear in mind you’re responsible for knowing the standard of consent required in any given instance.
If Shuppy and you are found to be joint data controllers of personal information, and if Shuppy is sued, fined or otherwise incurs expenses because of something you did in your capacity as a joint data controller of buyer personal information you agree to indemnify Shuppy for the expense it.
Creating and uploading content
As a member of Shuppy, you can create and upload a variety of content, like listings, messages, text and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful you agree you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory or otherwise in violation of our anti-discrimination policy
- Obscene or vulgar
- In violation of someone else's privacy or intellectual property rights
- False, deceptive or misleading.
Providing great customer service
We expect all of our sellers to provide a high level of customer service and maintain trust with our buyers. By selling on Shuppy, you agree to:
- Dispatch items or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner unless there are exceptional circumstances, in which case you must communicate this with the buyer as soon as you are aware.
- Respond to messages within 48 hours but ideally less than 24 hours.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer.
- Notify a buyer if you are unable to complete an order and cancel the order giving a full refund.
Responding to requests for cancellations, returns and exchanges
In addition to this policy, each country has its own laws surrounding delivery, cancellations, returns and exchanges. Please ensure that you are familiar with the laws of your own country and any countries that your buyers are from.
If you are unable to complete a transaction you must notify the buyer via messaging as soon as you are aware of this fact and cancel the transaction. If the buyer has already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund.
The Seller shall pay any and all Charges in accordance with these Conditions.
The relevant Charges shall be as notified to the Seller and updated by Shuppy from time to time in accordance with these Conditions.
Unless specified otherwise, all Charges are subject to VAT or other similar taxes or levies, all of which amounts the Seller shall pay, where appropriate, at the rate prevailing at the relevant tax point, and in addition to the Charges themselves.
Breakdown of Charges
The Charges comprise, as relevant and applicable:
- the Commission Fee
- the Subscription Fee
- The Commission Fee payable by the Seller shall be as notified to the Seller by Shuppy in writing at the time of inviting the Seller to participate on the Site, or as may be amended in accordance with these Conditions.
- A Commission Fee is payable by the Seller on the value of the total amount payable by a Customer in relation to a Product sold through the Shuppy Website by the Seller. The Single Commission Fee is calculated as a percentage of the value of a Product, including the delivery charges applicable to that Product excluding the transaction fee from Stripe which will be determined by your Stripe account fees.
- Shuppy will refund monies paid and received by them in respect of sold Products that are subsequently returned by the Customer and authorised for refund by the Seller using the designated CMS.
The Subscription Fee payable by the Seller shall be as notified to the Seller by Shuppy in writing at the time of inviting the Seller to participate in the Site, or as may be amended in accordance with these Conditions.
How Payment is Made to You
As part of the Seller’s appointment of Shuppy as its commercial agent, the Seller agrees that Shuppy also acts as the Seller's exclusive agent for the purpose of accepting, refunding and/or otherwise processing payment(s) related to the sale of Product(s) by the Seller via the Site (or any other sales channel which Shuppy may offer to the Seller from time to time).
European Union right of withdrawal
Buyers in the European Union (EU) may be entitled to a 14-day ‘right of withdrawal’ after receiving an item, during which they may return an item for any reason. The details of this right vary by EU member state.
If Shuppy has reason to believe you, your content or your use of the services violate our terms, including this seller policy, we may suspend or terminate your account (and any accounts we reasonably believe are related to your account) and your access to our services. Generally, Shuppy will notify you that you content or account has been suspended or terminated, unless you’ve repeatedly violated our terms, or we have legal or regulatory reasons preventing us from notifying you.