A one-of-a-kind traditional Irish wedding gift which has been handmade by a skilled craftsman in Co. Galway. Symbolic of the 17th century tradition of a man crafting a goblet for his love before marriage this gift is lovingly carved with 2 captive rings symbolising love and unity, all from a single piece of wood. The tradition was that the lovers both drank from the same goblet which was then kept safe and treasured for their lifetime together. For so long as the rings remained unbroken, they would love each other forever!
- Handcrafted from a native Irish Ash tree! Along with bride and groom’s names and date of wedding, a free gift message can also be engraved underneath the piece (optional). Inscribed in the beautiful old Gaelic font ‘Bunchló’, used by our ancestors in Ireland until the mid 20th-century.
- Enter the bride and groom's names, the date of their wedding and a short gift message if you like in the text box above. Example: Brian and Lily, June 21st 2021. With all our love, Mum and Dad.
- Size: 230mm high x 100mm round.
- Made to order so please order at least 4 weeks in advance of the couple’s wedding to ensure enough time for delivery.
- Include a personal gift message in the box above.
What is included in this unique wedding gift:
1 x Personalised Celtic Wedding Goblet
1 x Screen-printed cotton bag (Fairtrade, organic cotton)
1 x Celtic-style information card with product and maker's story
1 x Free engraved message (underneath base)
1 x presentation box
Note: All creations are made to order so grain details will vary, giving each piece its own personality.
Local businesses are the cornerstone of the Irish economy, let's support them.