Buyer Terms & Conditions
Shuppy is a community where you can purchase local products, services and experiences directly from independent Irish businesses. Whether you are looking for the perfect gift, a special evening in a restaurant or an exciting day on the Irish coast, we want you to have a positive experience shopping on Shuppy. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you as a buyer on our platform.
Understanding Shuppy’s limitations as a platform
Shuppy provides a platform for buyers to discover, purchase and support independent Irish businesses, however, it is important to note that Shuppy is not part of your transaction. By shopping on Shuppy you understand that:
- You are buying from one of the independent businesses on Shuppy – not from Shuppy directly
- Shuppy does not guarantee or endorse any items, services or experiences sold on Shuppy or any content posted by sellers
- Each seller on Shuppy has their own processing times, delivery methods and shop policies
- If you purchase a custom-made order you assume responsibility for any of your own materials which you provide
You have the opportunity to confidentially flag any items or sellers which violate Shuppy’s policies to the Shuppy team here.
Communicating with Sellers
- Our messaging system allows you to communicate directly with sellers, and is a great way to ask any questions which you may have about a product, service or order. Messages are not to be used for any of the following activities: Sending unsolicited advertising, promotions, requests for donations or spam
- Harassing or abusing sellers or violating Anti-Discrimination acts
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to
Interference occurs when someone interferes with a Sellers shop in order to drive away their business. This is strictly prohibited on Shuppy. An example of interference would be purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review.
Shuppy messages are not to be used to harass sellers similarly, messages must not be used to support or glorify hatred or otherwise violates anti-discrimination acts. Please let us know immediately if you receive any message that violates this.
Making a purchase on Shuppy
When you buy from Shuppy you are directly supporting an independent Irish business which will have unique listings, policies and processing times. By purchasing from a Shuppy seller you agree that you have:
- Thoroughly read the item description prior to making a purchase
- Submitted appropriate payment for the item(s) purchased
- Provided correct delivery information to the seller
You also agree to comply with our Gift Certificates & Credits Policy when you purchase or redeem Shuppy Gift Certificates or Shuppy Credits.
We encourage our buyers to leave reviews for items, services or experiences purchased on Shuppy, these are a great way to learn more about items, help sellers to build good reputations or to make other buyers aware of a poor experience.
You can leave a review, including a one to five-star rating of your purchase, within 30 days of your items estimated delivery date. Your review and profile information will be publicly displayed on the sellers listing and review pages.
By leaving a review, you acknowledge that it cannot:
- Contain private information about anyone
- Contain obscene, racist or harassing language or otherwise violate Anti-Discrimination acts
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims
- Be about things outside the sellers’ control, such as a delivery carrier, Shuppy or a third-party
- Contain threats or extortion
- Contain shilling, falsely inflate a shops review score or otherwise undermine the integrity of the reviews system
Reporting a Problem with an Order or Returning an Item
Although Shuppy is not directly involved in any transactions between a buyer and a seller, we are able to assist in the unlikely event that your order does not go as expected and you are unable to reach a resolution with the seller directly. By using Shuppy’s customer service function you understand that Shuppy may use your personal information for the purpose of resolving disputes with Sellers. You can use Shuppy’s customer service function to come to a resolution in the event of a non-delivery or if an item you receive is not as described in the listing.
Non-delivery occurs when a buyer places an order but does not receive the item. The following are examples of non-delivery cases:
- There is no proof that an item was dispatched to the buyer
- An item was not sent to the address provided on Shuppy
Not as Described
An item is not as described if the buyer can demonstrate that it is significantly different from the sellers listing description or photos. Here are a few examples of not as described cases:
- The item received is a different colour, model, version or size
- The item has a different design or material
- The seller failed to disclose that an item is damaged or has missing parts
- The buyer received the incorrect quantity of items
- The item was described as authentic but is not
- The condition of the item is misrepresented (e.g. the item is described as new but is used)
If Shuppy determines that an item is not as described, the seller will be required to refund the order, including original postage and return postage.
Some disputes don’t qualify for Shuppy intervention, these include:
- Items that are damaged by the delivery carrier (if properly packaged by the seller)
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, washed or discarded after receipt
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to delivery delays outside of the sellers control
- Items that are returned without a return agreement
- Items that are accurately described and listed but don’t meet a buyer’s expectations
- Cost of delivery disputes
- Items prohibited from sale on Shuppy
- Transactions where payment is not made via Shuppy’s checkout system
Requesting a Cancellation
Only sellers can cancel transactions. Buyers may request that a seller cancel an order via Messaging. All cancellations must comply with Anti-Discrimination acts.
Returning an Item
Each seller may have his or her own return policies. Not all sellers accept returns. If you reside in the European Union, you may be entitled to a 14 day ‘cooling off period’ or a ‘right of withdrawal’ during which you may return an item for any reason.